Originally uploaded by zannestar.
This week was fun, we had a lot of kids come and help make some sculpture. We mixed some plaster with some water in a ziploc bag. We mushed it around for a bit (this actually took longer than expected and the adults had to finish!). Once our sculptures dried, we took them out of the bags and painted them. Remember to hold on to any artwork made during a CFC event, we are going to have an Art Show in May!
Here’s the sculpture recipe:
- 2 parts plaster (in this case we used 1 cup of plaster of paris)
- 1 part water (here we used 1/2 cup water)
- ziploc bag
- Place ingredients in a ziploc bag
- Seal the bag, squeezing out all the air
- Start mushing the bag around until mixture is hard.
- Let sit for a few minutes – then rip/cut the bag away from the plaster.
- Let sit for about 10 more minutes allowing all the moisture evaporate and the sculpture to cool.
- Paint with paint!
- Try mixing with warm water and letting it sit for a few minutes before the kids start mushing it about, probably won’t take so long to set.
- Mix in a few drops of paint so the plaster has a color.
- HAVE TONS OF FUN!!! and take pictures of your kids making art.